K-W Jiu-Jitsu Club
Learn from the World’s Best Jiu-Jitsu Fighters
at K-W Jiu-Jitsu Club!
Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal Winners
Where education and enjoyment are the focus in the development of martial arts while stressing self-defense, proper techniques, fitness, excellent techniques, discipline of the mind and body, and overall fitness. We offer classes in Sport Jiu-Jitsu (Sport MMA), BJJ, self-defense, and joint-locking techniques.
K-W Jiu-Jitsu Club is a member in good standing with the Ontario Jiu-Jitsu Assocation (OJA).
Call us for an appointment for a free class > 519-746-5724
|On December 8th, 2013, Sensei Wayne Provost passed his 5th degree Black Belt, and Sensei Terry Yanke Shihan got the rank of 9th degree Black Belt. Check the news sections!|
|Interesting article on BUSHIDO, written by Terry Yanke Jiu-Jitsu Shihan. Check the Art of Jiu-Jitsu section here.|
|From September 26th to 29th, 2013, some members of K-W Jiu-Jitsu club participated in the 2013 World JJ Championships in Andover, England. And the Canadian team won Silver!
Check out the few impressive results of the team in the news sections!
Why choose Sport Jujitsu?
1. Sport Jujitsu is semi-contact Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) - if you want to learn MMA, this is the best route.
2. You pick up less injuries practicing sport jujitsu than doing FULL CONTACT MMA - this means you can pick up all the necessary skills to be a 'cage fighter' (if that's your aim) in a much shorter period.
3. It takes more 'precision skills' to control your technique and deliver a semi-contact strike than to 'open up' fully on an opponent. For example, the technical difficulty in delivering a 'touch contact' head kick immeasurably surpasses the ability to deliver a fulll contact head-kick! :-)
4. This gives you an added advantage over most MMA 'brawlers'; you'll develop better technique, skills and overall capability.
5. If you have the ability to do well in sport jujitsu, you have the potential to progress to 'full contact' MMA, and even become a professional fighter. We have many examples of athletes who have done this successfully... No examples the other way round!
The ULTIMATE sport is Sport Jujitsu to provide a solid foundation for your growth and development as a holistic martial arist.